Fraud Prevention and Cardholder Security
Maintain your customers’ privacy and protect your business from fraud
You’ve made the critical decision to open an online store to sell your downloadable software—now how do you make your customers comfortable with providing their personal and credit card information and completing their purchase through the Internet? And how can you be sure that your business won’t be the victim of fraud?
Increase Customer Confidence
At Kagi, we take your customers’ privacy and security seriously. Our online shopping cart encrypts sensitive data for transmission and our back-end systems encrypt this information for storage and retrieval on a need-to-know basis. In fact, all of our services offer protection compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) ensuring that the highest degree of care is used to protect cardholder data and keep it safe from misuse and identity theft.Learn more about PCI DSS
The PCI DSS is the global data security standard adopted by the payment card brands for all entities that process, store, or transmit card holder data. It provides an actionable framework for developing a robust payment card data security process –including prevention, detection and appropriate reaction to security incidents. This program consists of 6 major parts:
- Securing networks by:
- Maintaining and installing firewalls to protect data
- Avoiding the use of vendor supplied defaults for passwords or other security parameters
- Providing protection for stored cardholder data
- Encrypting cardholder data that is transmitted over networks
- Up-to-date antivirus software
- Securely developed and maintained systems and applications
- Restricted access to cardholder data on a need-to-know basis
- Assigning unique ID's to each person with computer access
- Restricted physical access to cardholder data
- Tracking and monitoring of all access to networks and cardholder data
- Regular testing of security systems and processes
Filters and Blacklists
Our powerful fraud prevention systems:
- Stop purchasing activity based on abusive or suspicious patterns
- Use Address Verification Services (AVS) for US and Canadian orders
- Prevent rapid reuse of a credit card under certain circumstances
- Limit transactions involving questionable or anonymous Internet and email addresses
In the event a fraudster does manage to complete an order on any Kagi store (with a recently stolen credit card for example), we blacklist the card number and associated email address across the entire Kagi network, preventing further fraudulent charges.
Customizable Order Approvals
Are you getting a lot of bogus orders from a certain country? Suspicious of orders over $10,000? You can configure our fraud filters to ask you for approval for orders matching the criteria that suits your business requirements.
Custom Fraud Filters
Using our anti-fraud services as a starting point, you can work with our technical staff to specify and implement your own fully customized fraud filters.